NOTE: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW EXACTLY OTHERWISE YOU MAY CORRUPT YOUR UNIT’S FLASH MEMORY. YOU WILL LOSE ALL WAYPOINTS, ROUTES AND TRACK POINTS AFTER EXECUTING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
1.) First Locate the latest software for the M330 on the Magellan website. (If you know an update is available, but you do not find it listed, you may want to contact magellan by eMail. Or phone 1-909-394-5000.
2. Connect MAP 330 to the PC using the PC cable.
3. Make sure the unit has good batteries or is connected to external power.
4. On the unit, press and hold ESC, GOTO and Power keys simultaneously until “Software Upload Mode Active” comes up on screen.
5. On the PC, make sure to have unzipped the supplied file and all unzipped files are placed in the same directory. Type at the DOS prompt:
GEN4UPNB /COMy ZORROxxx.SRE
Where y after COM is the COM port number and xxx after ZORRO is the software version number.
6. Press Enter. The PC will show WAITING FOR UNIT RESPONSE for a few seconds and then erase status followed by programming status. Wait until programming status is 100% Complete. The unit will turn off automatically.
7. Press and hold MENU and Power keys simultaneously until
the ‘Clear all memory?’ pop-up window appears. Select Yes and press
Enter which turns off the unit and clears memory.